YOUTH MINISTRY COORDINATOR
All Souls, Unitarian of Washington DC is seeking a dynamic quarter-time Youth Ministry Coordinator to work with adult advisors, teachers and youth in creating a dynamic youth program.
The Youth Ministry Coordinator, in conjunction with the Director of Religious Education Ministries (DREM) will coordinate programming for across Sunday morning programming, Coming of Age and Our Whole Lives (sexuality education).
- With volunteer Youth Advisors and youth coordinate Sunday morning high school youth programming
- Communicate with youth and youth group parents
- Facilitate OWL offerings for middle and high school congregants as appropriate.
- Supervise the Coming of Age (COA) program with the DREM and mentors, including the trip to Boston, for high school congregants
- Provide training for adult volunteers
- Attend trainings and supplemental education as needed
- Attend meetings with Advisors, OWL leaders, COA mentors and DREM as needed
The Youth Ministry Coordinator reports to the Director or Religious Education Ministries
- 25 years old minimum
- Experience working with youth, possessing an understanding of human development and adolescent behavior
- Experience working with adult volunteers in scheduling and training
- Familiarity with values, principles, and practices of Unitarian Universalism
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and use technological aids (i.e. google groups, etc)
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate group activities and excellent team-building skills
- Ability to coordinate and support volunteers
10 hours per week
$10,000 per church year (45 weeks)
CONTACT –Gabrielle Farrell, Director of Religious Education Ministries
Gfarrell@allsouls.ws; 202.332.5266 x 112